January 2, 2014

Would you believe me if I told you ...

...that I haven't read the books or watched the movies of the following classics ?
Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games, Twilight series... and many more. 
Source : Google Images

Source : Google Images
...that I haven't watched the classic or epic movies of our time ?
Forrest Gump, Castaway, Saving Private Ryan, The Sixth Sense, Good Will Hunting, The Shawshank Redemption... and many more.
...that I haven't had the chance to watch a complete season of good shows like Frasier, the Monk, Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Law and Order.... Ok ! I need to stop. You get the picture right ?
As I sit on the couch writing this post, I am also feeling guilty and sulking deep, deep, deep inside thinking how I might be coming across at this moment.

At times, I ponder - Is it too late to watch those classics now ? Will it be as exciting for me to read those epic novels now like everyone found them back then? When I look back to understand why I missed some of these classics, there seem to be like a hundred reasons but none worth mentioning. Sigh !

So high time for a change, don't you think ?

With the Harry Potter series, I ended up reading half of the books and watching the other half in movies. But last month, after taking a look at the very few books that I read in 2013 and inspired by Anisha on how she dealt with the Pottermania, I decided it was time to take things into hand. So I made a quick stop to the library and picked up the first book - 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'. Once I started reading through the few first few chapters, I could not keep the book down.

Is it just me or have others experienced the same situation ? Do you watch the movie/read the book as soon as it is released into the market ?

Tell me, if you were in my place, what would the first thing that you would read or watch ?

Yours' truly,
 photo signature_zps8a5702e5.png

**Linking to the Ultimate Blogging Challenge - January 2014, Blogathon - 2014 and NaBloPoMo**


http://wordsndreamz.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/dsc01234.jpg
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

7 comments:

  1. I hope it is one among ur new year resolutions.
    i would watch first.. coz of my lack of patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red Handed and welcome here... It's not on my wish list yet but I think I will add them :)

      Delete
  2. ARGH! Read it, woman!! I have read HP, Twilight - couldn't make myself read LOTR and HG...
    I will assure you that you won't regret reading HP :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on it, BB ! :) And welcome to this space.

      Yes, you are right, I just can't keep the book down.

      Delete
  3. Haa I am so flattered, you mentioned me in your blog :D
    I haven't read Lord of the Rings. So I can't comment on that. Twilight series: was my guilty pleasure. Hunger Games is pretty good. Potter is forever! I'm pretty sure you will like HP more as you progress in the series.
    I don't think you should sulk, EM. You have time and you should enjoy everything at your own pace especially being a new mom. That would be such an awesome experience!
    Cheers to more books, movies, Tv shows and truckloads of happy memories for 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mentioned you earlier too for the Liebster award, remember ?? ;)
      And thanks, I really needed that pep talk to feel like it wasn't the end of world having not read/seen the classics. :)

      Cheers to 2014... :)

      Delete
  4. Well, I have read about 1/2 of the books you mentioned, and watched about 2/3 of the movies. I guess I'm doing alright then, huh? I enjoyed reading your post. Sharing ...

    ReplyDelete