While surfing today, I came across this article which says that -
So I decided to share a soup which LP and I recently made at home. It is very simple and one of our favorites now.
I love soups. It's healthy, natural and super-delicious. One of my favorite eating joints here offers some amazing soups and it's so sumptuous and filling that you don't have to eat anything after that.
Carrot and Coriander Soup (by Sanjeev Kapoor)
Carrots - 4 medium
Coriander leaves - 1 small bunch
Onion - 1 medium
Butter - 1 tbsp.
Salt - to taste
Water - 3 cups
To temper :
Bay leaves - 1
Black peppercorns - 1 tsp
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Chop the carrots and onion. Chop the stems of the coriander leaves and reserve the leaves aside.
- In a pan, heat butter. Add the ingredients under "To temper" along with the chopped onion and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add the carrots, coriander stems, water and bring it to a boil.
- When the carrots are cooked, strain the carrots from the stock.Blend the carrots to make a fine puree.
- In a pan, add some of the strained stock and the blended carrot puree to the desired consistency. Boil this mixture.
- Add salt.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- You can eat this soup either with few slices of toasted bread or bread crumbs.
Try it out and let me know if you liked it. What are your favorite soups ? :)