January 13, 2014

My love...

Source : Google Images
Here she is… Appearing now…
Apple of my eye or love of my life.
Resplendent, beautiful or scintillating,
I am losing words to describe my wife.
One gaze at her and I forget myself,
How I wish time to fly slow.
Our wedding rings shimmer together,
Our faces twinkle in this evening glow.
But reality hits to remind me,
We are now strangers in the night.
Everything's changed since she left,
A year ago this wasn't my plight.
Today, she isn’t mine,
Someone else walks along in tow.
She still wears my wedding ring.
Why so? I will never know.

100 Words on Saturday - Write Tribe

- Written for Write Tribe’s 100 Words on Saturday Prompt: Strangers in the night
Yours' truly,
 photo signature_zps8a5702e5.png
**Linking to the Ultimate Blogging Challenge - January 2014, Blogathon - 2014 and NaBloPoMo**

 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment