January 24, 2014

It's National Compliment Day !

Source : Google Images
Never heard of such a day ever before; until I read it on Write Tribe.
Wouldn't it be an awesome day to commemorate by complimenting some one for all the good work they are doing ?
While it's not necessary to wait for such a day in order to compliment someone, I think it will definitely remind us to always appreciate the good and positive people around us each day.

Responding well to compliments is important too. Something that I learnt over the years. Earlier on if someone complimented me for the good marks in exams or for standing first in some competition, I would become too aware of my surroundings and just shy away. Let alone reply with a "thank you".

But now years after those embarrassing experiences, I graciously thank the person for the kind compliment with a smile on my face. :)

The best compliment I have received from family and friends is about my "multitasking" skills.

"How, in the world, do you juggle multiple things at the same time and do it well too?"

All through my academic years, I have had my hands full at all times with my studies, tuitions, my dance classes along side numerous literary competitions.

When I started working, I had a full time job, a hectic schedule of dance practice followed by stage performances, recitals whilst studying a post graduation course for 4 years.
Once I moved to the US, my passion for my art took a backseat (thanks to my endless relocations within the country) but given a chance I am willing to give it a shot here too.
Now, after turning a mommy last year, my "available" time has further slipped into a deeper trench, but it has never stopped me from continuing my interests - reading, painting, blogging, cooking, watching my favorite sitcoms amongst a million other things.
Sure, its stressful at times but I thank my stars and count my blessings that this wide array is my space. I really love the fact that I keep myself busy all throughout the day.
If they say - "An empty mind is a devil's workshop" then I would say - being occupied at all times definitely pushes you to newer boundaries and helps you tap some hidden talents. :)
If you had to choose one compliment that's close to your heart, what would it be ? 

Yours' truly,
 photo signature_zps8a5702e5.png

**Linking to the Ultimate Blogging Challenge - January 2014, Blogathon - 2014 and NaBloPoMo**
 
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing how many things you manage to fit in your schedule! I bow to thee... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading it :) The best compliment is received was for my dance, still makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are keeping the dream alive :) Keep blogging and get back to dancing too!

    ReplyDelete