June 20, 2015

Aim for the sky always... #FridayReflections


It’s funny how the possibility of a new venture or the opportunity to step out of our comfort zone, sends us into a frenzy. The simplest doubt crops up in our minds and we get bogged down with the same old predictable questions. 

Will I succeed ? Will I make it to my destination without getting disappointed ? What if things don't go as planned ? 

What if I fail ?

Even before we get a feel of the journey, let alone success, we fear the worst and finally step back. For once why can't we relax our minds, stop brainstorming on the possible negative outcomes of a situation, and focus on our aspirations ? And it doesn't even have to be revolving our work related apprehensions alone. Even in relationships we find ourselves confused with the same worries.

I am no different from the others when it comes to fearing about failure. But I also know what I would attempt to do if I was guaranteed never to fail.

1. Be more friendly

Thanks to life experiences, when it comes to friendships or building new relationships, there always a realm of caution in my mind. Because let’s face it. People let us down. Sometimes it’s the people who matter the most to us, on the other occasions it’s the unexpected ones who turn out to be the smarter lot. 

If I knew I wouldn't get hurt or be let down by others in return, I could get to be myself. I wouldn't have to worry about others hating me or turning me down.

2. Be more courageous

So that I could take more risks. To dream bigger. To perform difficult feats like sky-diving. Or bungee-jumping. Take every day as it comes. Literally.

3. Be more imaginative

Many a times, our lives are controlled by our own shortcomings. Financial support, incomplete or inadequate education, mortgages on everything in life - home, a world tour, even basic living expenses.

If only, I could erase all my worries by a single stroke of a wand to actually imagine my life devoid of any limitations. To perceive the life that I want, that I wish to live. If only…

But what we truly need to acknowledge here is that failure isn't bad. Maybe it’s the best way for the Universe to tell us that it was not meant to be the first time. That something larger is in store with better results. That we needed to fail in order to emerge victorious the next time.

That life is all about “second chances”. That, no matter how hard you fall down this time, you always aim for the sky :)

Tell me, what would your aspirations or goals be if you knew that you could never fail ? 

Reflections From Me

 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

18 comments:

  1. Wow, to dream without the fear of failure...that's powerful stuff! For me, I would put aside all fears of financial ruin and educational disruption to become a sailing nomad! Pack up the family, live on a yacht, travel the world and earn a living through writing about out adventure! I think I've almost sold it to myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more ! Being able to beet financial stability would be like a dream come true :) Oooh love the idea of the writing nomad. Sounds like a dream.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure what I would do if I knew I couldn't fail. Gosh, failure is so much apart of anything I do that the thought of it not being possible is mind boggling. You're right though that failure isn't bad. It shows that we tried. And trying is the most important part of reaching a goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Chrys. Failure reminds us that we are learning from our mistakes. But even then every once in a while, if I knew I wouldn't fail it would get rid of all the inhibitions in my mind that crop up at the very onset of a big attempt :) Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Probably the best way to live EM :) Aim for the sky. Don't worry about failure. Make friends. Learn lessons and above all, Be Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shailaja. You said it. Leave the worries, go enjoy ourselves and most importantly, enjoy life.

      Delete
  4. I am 57 and only learning to become more courageous! Like writing a blog and hoping people will read and enjoy it. I think your title Aim for the Sky is how we should all try to be. Enjoyed your post #FridayReflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue :) Glad you liked my post. Age is just a number and knowing that you are attempting something new is always better than knowing that we never tried when we had the chance. Wishing you all the best for the blog :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up with Friday Reflections! I also wrote on the same prompt, it's so hard to not fear failing, but I love how you say life is about second chances, the truth is we do learn so much from falling down, and you are right to say we should aim for the sky. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post and loved it ! :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I so hear you - the 'be friendly' part especially. After being burned so much I really locked myself away for a while. Im now a whole lot friendly but still hold part of me in reserve and do not trust easily...trust is earned...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can picture myself doing exactly that, Janine. Locking myself away. :) Yes I do the same thing too - remain reserved until I know that I can trust the person. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I don't know what my aspirations would be, because I think that failure is how I learn, and it is what helps me to figure out what is next. I guess I might have tried to be more commercially successful, but then again, nawww...because I chose not to commercialize my art or photography, I can remain true to myself, and how I choose to express myself. So, I guess that is, bottom line, not failing...after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cathy. And I love how you have expressed your principle.

      "Because I chose not to commercialize my art or photography, I can remain true to myself, and how I choose to express myself."

      Loved these thoughts.

      Delete
  8. There is an expression that goes like this, "Aim for the moon and shoot for the stars" as well as "Aim for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars." You have expressed this eloquently (as usual) and thus, I have nothing more to add! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elly. I had this saying in mind when I was writing this post :)

      Delete
  9. I don't think we would learn as much though if we never failed. Personally, we need to accept failure as a part of life...like a bump in the middle of the road which we can overcome. Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correctly said. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete