- For having my parents near me today. Here. At this moment. Your blessings and optimism always seem to move mountains for me.
- For being around my baby bro. I treasure the time I spend with him - fighting, laughing, gossiping, watching old movies, singing.
- For the wonderful friends I have. Your love, concern and best wishes keep me going.
- For being able to spend lots of time in India with my loved ones - a chance I didn't get before 2013 thanks to studies, work and a hundred other commitments.
- To my hubby. He agreed to continue working and staying alone in US - away from us, away from the baby for so long - just so that our families get to see her in her prime year. Honey, I can't imagine how strong you have been to let us go on this extended vacation.
- For having a shelter. The rains are the worst season to be homeless in India. The winters are the most gruesome to be living on the streets in the US. It's relaxing to watch the heavy rains from my terrace but there's a part of me which is lost in the down-trodden shabby areas of the city wondering and praying for the homeless.
- For being alive.
- For being able to read and write. For me, this is the biggest gift I have been blessed with.
- For being fortunate enough to spend this initial phase of motherhood taking care of my little girl and not get bogged down with work, deadlines or any stress that's not related to her.
- For the excitement and anticipation that builds up before coming to India. If there's no place like home, then equally there's no place like India. The warmth of family, the monsoons, the festivals, places, the exquisite cuisine.... I could keep going. Nothing in this world can replace that.
What are the things that you are grateful for?
**Linking to the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and BlogHer - NaBloPoMo**