July 20, 2014

Blast from the Past: Favorite Posts {2}

Today's favorite is again from the year 2012. It was the second time I was writing for BlogAdda's Write-Over-the-Weekend initiative. For those of you who aren't aware, this is a weekly blogging initiative (on Fridays) where you get a prompt as inspiration for writing a blog post. 

The prompt for that particular week was - 

For a minute look around the things near you and then include them creatively in a story.


Back then, I was working for a project at Bloomington, Illinois, US. We were a team of 4 people who had newly joined. Through the week, all 4 of us would work together and work on our deadlines. Come weekends and we would crave the company of our respective families (Hubby was stationed at New York back then which was a good 2-flights away from me).

I remembered this prompt at work and decided to look around me in an attempt to observe things for a minute. What I found were voices inside each one of us, striving hard to emerge and fulfill our needs. A desire to be with family, a desire to always have them by our side, a desire to not feel bad while missing them.

I came back home with this thought and put my words into a blog post. Check it out here - 'Empty Voices'.

Yours' truly,
 photo signature_zps8a5702e5.png

                      **Linking to the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and BlogHer - NaBloPoMo**
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment