April 21, 2015

Routine #AtoZChallenge

No matter if it is fun or mundane, everyone has them. I have few things too that I do everyday irrespective of where I am. Before you get scared that I am about to flood this post with regular routines like brushing, bathing and the likes, I shall clarify that these are parts of a routine that we enjoy doing. Let me tell you 5 little things from my routine. :)
1. Taking time to look at the skies

As soon as I am up in the morning, I drag myself to the nearest window. Looking at the blue skies and the rapid clouds, fills me with optimism to start the day. On other days, when it is raining or snowing, I still take the time watch the changing shades of nature. Be it gray or white. Now that we are at the onset of spring on this side of the world, I get to see beautiful trees blooming all around us. It’s so soothing to watch the hues of green appear after what seems like an eternity of winter. :)

2.  Talking to my loved ones

Even when there isn't much to share from either sides, I make it a point to call my family everyday. Since we video-chat, watching my parents, baby bro and the pet dalmatian go about their lives is a treat. I also enjoy the fact that they get to see all the developments of Baby Girl.

3. Read at least one inspiring thought

Reading when combined with inspirational thoughts is a great mix. Because of the ongoing April Challenge I have had the luck to read many inspiring thoughts on an ongoing basis. It encourages me to look deeper into myself and change one thing about me everyday. :)


Source
4. Count my blessings and be grateful

Yes, I ensure to complete this routine since I notice how often I fail to look at the little things and tend to take things for granted. The matter could be big or small. If it makes a difference in my life, I am grateful for it. 

5. Meditating

This is a good stress buster when I feel overwhelmed. I shut myself from the outside world and prefer to go into silent mode and concentrate on my breathing. Even a mere 10 minutes works wonders for me and helps me stride through the day.

Do you have any routine items that you enjoy doing ? Do share ! :)


**This post is part of the A to Z April Challenge and the Ultimate Blog Challenge.**

**My theme for the A-Z April Challenge is "26 Days of Eloquent Writing".**

 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

4 comments:

  1. The one routine that I really enjoy and look forward is after everyone has left our home and I'm all alone, I put my feet up, drink a tall glass of juice and read my favorite book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do 3 and 5 more often. This is a wonderful list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a wonderful list, EM. Meditating is something that I need to start looking into.
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the little things like these that add the beauty of our lives. I have to meditate more often. I will add me time and writing to my routine list. :)

    ReplyDelete