July 14, 2014

Blast from the Past: Favorite posts {1}

I have been wanting to look back at my old posts of this blog and reminisce some of my favorite ones. Every week, I plan to pick one of my favorite posts and share my thoughts around it. What made me write the particular post back then, why was it special or not, and the likes.

Here I present the first one to you. :)

Source : Google Images

The year was 2012. And the occasion: Hubby's birthday. Aren't birthdays so much fun? Totally. But celebrating birthdays abroad, away from loved ones and close friends, can be boring. Until we made some friends who were as crazy and sane as us. :) Less than a year after we moved to the US, in order to surprise the hubby, I planned for a birthday party at our residence.  

If the planning phase was fun, the D-day turned out to be even more fun. I got some awesome friends to help me out, the hubby got his special day, all in all it was an enjoyable time. 

To etch the special day in my memory and the craziness that surrounded it, I wrote a letter to my hubby. Check out the post : From the Little Prankster in me...

Hope you enjoy reading the post. :)


Planning for birthdays is so much fun. Do you have any special memories from your last birthday? Was there a celebration? :)

Yours' truly,
 photo signature_zps8a5702e5.png

                   **Linking to the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and BlogHer - NaBloPoMo**
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Very good idea to write your hubby a letter on his birthday. My close friends and I used to go for pedicures on our birthdays and then lunch. It was very bonding.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you pick the blogs? The ones that got the most likes and comments, or ones that you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick, these are old posts from my blog. I have a list of posts that have been close to my heart when I wrote them. I just thought of compiling such a list to share them with my readers. :)

      Delete
  3. The narrative is very interesting. The birthday'boy' must have enjoyed every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ushaji, the bday boy was quite amused and relieved when we explained the events once the surprise was out :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Surprises on a special day away from a country definitely is fun. Probably, because you aren't expecting one? All happy faces is all I can imagine.
    I liked the concept of reminiscing too! :) Great and sweet read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, we were a lot of happy faces with a gleaming bday boy at the end of the day :)

      Delete