July 6, 2014

Let's go home


"I forgot to bring my red slippers. You know, those are my favorites. Let's go home."
"You left them behind so I packed them in your bag. Here, you go."

"Oh!....... My medicines aren’t here. You know, I can't go anywhere without it. Let's go home."
"Checked your room before we left and I packed it for you."

"Oh, ok....... I think I forgot..... "
"Mom! You'll love this place, I promise. New friends, nice place, fun evenings. It does feel like home, doesn't it?"

"No matter what this old age home provides, it can't give me a son’s love."

**Written for Write Tribe's Saturday Prompt**

Yours' truly,
 photo signature_zps8a5702e5.png

                    **Linking to the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and BlogHer - NaBloPoMo**
 photo Signature2016_zpshf23y4i0.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Oh. Looks like she is brought her against her wish! Sad for her! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shilpa. Which parent would love the idea of staying away from family in an old age home ? I have come across this situation in some of my acquaintances' lives. Makes me sad thinking of their parents' / relatives' plight.

      Delete
  2. An old mother years the love of her kids and the cosiness of a home. Let's all pray that no elderly person has to spend the twilight years in an old age home. A heart wrenching tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kalpana. :) Your words moved me. Yes, a lot of prayers are required today so that no parent undergoes this pain.

      Delete
  3. OMG, the last sentence made me feel sad, all along I was thinking the son wanted the mom to stay with him :(
    Tina from The Sunny Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lump in my throat too when I wrote this piece, Tina :(

      Delete
  4. This has sadly become a norm these day! :( How can it ever feel like home, when your loved ones aren't around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly it is a reality, Aditi ! You are right, we ourselves are never comfortable at any other place other than home, how can our parents be ok with the change? :(

      Welcome here Aditi ! :)

      Delete
  5. It's a sad story and you've expressed the emotions so well that it touches the heart.
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/write-tribe-100-words-on-saturday-17/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V. Any article regarding old parents always manages to make us all teary. :(

      Delete